Subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us on social media!!
Mom always made the BEST banana bread! Every weekend the house smelled amazing and we couldn't wait to dive into that delicious sweet bread. Here is the recipe:
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¾ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- ½ Tbs vanilla (learn how make your own vanilla here)
- ¼ cup yogurt (learn how make homemade yogurt here)
- Walnuts or pecans (optional)
Crumble Ingredients (optional):
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbs butter, softened
- Preheat oven @ 350
- Sift flour and add in baking powder, baking soda and salt
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar and butter and mix well
- Add eggs to sugar/butter mixture and beat until well incorporated and you get a soft texture
- Add yogurt, banana and vanilla to the egg/sugar/butter mixture and mix well to combine.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat well to combine.
- Pour entire mixture into a greased and floured loaf pan
- In a small bowl, mix together crumble ingredients (sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter) until mixture becomes crumbly (I use a fork to combine)
- Sprinkle the crumb mix on top of the loaf
- Bake for 25-30 min or until you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean
- Let cool before slicing and enjoy :)
|^^Click here to pin this recipe^^|
*Note: I am a participant of the Amazon.com associates program. This is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I have personally purchased or researched all of the products linked and will not suggest a product otherwise. By purchasing through these links you support this Mini Slice of Farm blog without any extra cost to you and allow us to continue posting great content for you. Thank you for your support!!