This starter was made by fermenting organic unsweetened raisins. You will need THREE ingredients. Filtered water, flour, and organic unsweetened raisins ...
Firmented raisin water:
▪ Mix 3 parts water to one part raisins in a mason jar for one day (at room temperature).
▪ Every morning open the lid, gently swirl the liquid and replace lid.
▪ Throughout the day shake the jar 2 more times with a lid on.
▪ After 6-7 days all the raisins will float to the top and you should hear the raisins and water mixture fizing (like a can of soda).
▪ In a clean mason jar stir 4 tablespoons of the fermented rasin water with 4 tablespoons of flour.
▪ When the mixture doubles in size stir in 8 tablespoons of filtered water and 8 tablespoon of flour.
▪ When the mixture doubles in size again you now have an active starter!!
To learn how to feed, use and store your yeast click HERE!
For the perfect natural yeast bread recipe click HERE!
An incredibly delicious gooey cinnamon roll recipe using natural yeast is posted HERE!
I recently helped a reader work through her first starter too. Here is the link, she has pictures of her process in the comments as we worked through it together :)
Hi there I was using your recipe for making my own bread starter and have a few questions. I've fermented the raisin...
Posted on Friday, February 26, 2016