- 4 Large russet potatoes
- 4-6 Tbs of avocado oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional, this gives them heat - if you don't like spicy foods don't add the cayenne)
You will also need:
- Wash russet potatoes really well (use a veggie brush if you have one)
- Slice potatoes into 3/8 inch thick french fry pieces.
- Wash cut potatoes really well in cold water until water runs clear. Then soak in fresh cold water for 15min. **This step is what makes them crispy**
- While waiting, get your cast iron pan on the stove heating at medium heat and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain potatoes
- Put oil in pan (enough to have a thin layer of oil coating the entire pan) and turn heat up to medium high.
- Using large tongs toss potatoes in oil and arange in an even layer.
- Evenly sprinkle the herbs and spices over the potatoes.
- Carefully move the hot pan into the preheated oven and bake for 25min.
- Turn the oven to broil and let them crisp up on the top for another 15min.
- Let them cool slightly before diving in :)
*Note: I am a participant of the Amazon.com associates program. This is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I have personally purchased or researched all of the products linked and will not suggest a product otherwise. By purchasing through these links you support this Mini Slice of Farm blog without any extra cost to you and allow us to continue posting great content for you. Thank you for your support!!